Last Updated: May 28, 2021
All Harvard Students living in residential housing agree to the Residential Community Compact. The Community Council holds the responsibility for reviewing serious concerns related to the expectations in the Residential Community Compact.
The Council is based on shared community responsibility, and it is comprised of an equal number of students and faculty and staff members. The Associate Dean of Academic Integrity and Student Conduct and the Special Advisor to the Harvard College Dean's Office related to COVID-19 are co-chairs of the Council.
Video: Messages of Gratitude from the Staff and Faculty of Harvard College to Our Students
Video: Student webinar with Q&A moderated by the Council co-chairs.
The Council will respond to notifications of potential violations with the following actions (listed in ascending order of severity):
- No violation;
- Council Warning;
- Community Engagement;
- Removal from housing.
For less serious concerns, the Council may use these responses in a sequential fashion and/or following a warning from the Community Health Lead and/or Chair. For example, a minor violation of the Compact might lead to an oral Community Health Lead warning, a second to a warning by the Chair, and third to a written Council warning, and a fourth to community engagement. However, some actions may be deemed so serious as to merit a more significant response for a single or first action.
As of May 2021Chairs, Directors, & Staff
- Brett Flehinger, Chair and Associate Dean of Academic Integrity and Student Conduct, Lecturer on History
- Meghan Lockwood, Chair and Interim Resident Dean, Cabot House
- Laura Chivers, Chair and Dudley Community Resident Dean
- Lauren Mulcahy, Chair and Director of Community Responses
- Christian Bray, Associate Director of Athletics
- Nathan Fry, Associate Director of Athletics
- Maryam Hiradfar, Research Village staff
- Kalos Chu, Class of 2022, Dunster House, English & Anthropology Evangelos Kassos, Class of 2023, Quincy House, Molecular & Cellular Biology, Government
- Sabastian Mandell, Class of 2024, Ivy Yard
- Heather McLetchie-Leader, Proctor and Member of the Board of First-Year Advisors
- Carina Myteveli, Director of Housing, Residential Operations, and Student Life
- Meera Nair, Class of 2023, Cabot House, Molecular & Cellular Biology
- Nidhi Patel, Class of 2022, Eliot House, Government
- Sheehan Scarborough, Senior Director of the Harvard Foundation
- Nekesa Straker, Senior Assistant Dean of Residential Life and First-Year Students
- Elijah Suh, Class of 2022, Kirkland House, Chemistry
- Tarun Timulsina, Class of 2022, Pforzheimer House, Economics
- Gwen Volmar, Associate Director, Undergraduate Research and Fellowships