We provide new students with guidance, programming, and resources to help them transition from high school to college.
Together, our team ensures academic and social well-being and growth for first-year students. Stop by our office to meet with your Resident Dean, borrow gaming or cooking equipment, or sign up for a music practice room, among other things.
We create conditions for students to:
- Build a strong foundation of skills and strategies needed to be successful in college
- Navigate from the first year to their future at Harvard College and beyond
- Foster intellectual curiosity and build connections based on personal interests
- Engage substantively and reflectively in the living and learning communities that surround them
- Recognize and seek guidance at appropriate moments for themselves and their peers
- Respect the multiple voices and perspectives of our community and commit to productive dialogue