All students signed the Residential Community Compact, which included this guideline for travel:
I will remain in the immediate area for the fall semester. If I must travel during the fall semester, I will notify my Resident Dean and comply with any return policies or directives, which may include testing and quarantine.
- For purposes of clarity for students, immediate area is defined as a 10-mile radius to Harvard Square
- Overnight or other travel is prohibited
- Exceptions to the policy are rare, and exceptions for extraordinary circumstances must be approved by the student’s resident dean at least two business days prior to travel
- Upon return, all students who travel are required to undertake arrival quarantine, which is the same process the College used when students arrived on campus in the fall
- Violations of this policy will be referred to the Community Council and may be grounds for immediate revocation of housing privileges
- For students approved to remain on campus for the fall extension or winter break, exceptions to the policy will only be considered for emergency travel