Connect with faculty over dinner
The Uncommon Fare program is designed to give first-year students a chance to meet outstanding members of the Harvard community, to meet one another, and to see what is truly special about the College. This program is made possible by a generous gift from the Gober family, and includes sixteen dinners during the academic year.
- Connect with your community: Meet a small group of students that you might not know yet
- Learn from our guests: Ask questions ranging from the professional to personal
- Explore your intellectual interests: Learn about topics that excite you, even if they aren't subjects you are currently studying
- Share life lessons: Discover how guests built their careers
We invite members of the Harvard community who are leaders in their fields. Past guests have included:
- Members of the faculty from FAS, SEAS, HBS, HLS, GSE, and HDS
- Administrators, including University President Larry Bacow, Dean of the College Rakesh Khurana, and Dean of Students Katie O'Dair
- Faculty deans
- Museum directors
- Fellows of the Harvard Corporation
If you'd like to recommend someone as a guest, please email the Director of Faculty-Student Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org.